I made some Atlantic pie recently with a few modifications. I think it turned out pretty good. I basically followed the New York Times recipe. I wanted to make something using saltine crackers. This turned out to be way easier than expected.
- You’ll need more butter than the recipe calls for in the crust. I used an extra quarter stick. It helps the crust come together better. Otherwise it’s too powdery.
- It helps to use a spoon to press the crust into place.
- I used a mixture of lemons and limes. I believe it was 1 lime to about 3 lemons.
- You can use a food processor for all the steps. I used a food processor to make the filling, since I didn’t want to dirty another bowl.
- It’s surprising that the filing can be as simple as condensed milk with somethings mixed into it.
- I only had 2 eggs, so I supplemented with some frozen banana. This made the pie taste a little bit like bananas.
Overall this was really easy and I recommend the recipe. I think my modifications added a lot. I also think that the pie can be adapted in many ways. It seems to be rather forgiving.
I like pie.