I made a glazed leg of lamb on the smoker. These are the pictures of how I served it, and the procedure of how I cooked it.
- Coat the lamb in kosher salt and pepper the night before.
- Leave it in the fridge covered to prevent losing too much moisture.
- Smoke it at 250 degrees F.
- Make a glaze of molasses, soy sauce and olive oil. Roughly equal parts of each. Coat the leg of lamb when the internal temperature is about 107 degrees F.
- Wait for it to hit an internal temperature of 137 degrees F.
- Finish it in the oven under the broiler until it looks really nice. About 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes after pulling from the oven.
I bought the lamb from a nearby fancy organic grocery store. I’m always impressed at how nice those stores are inside.
If you leave it overnight, you’ll notice a lot of the salt will be dissolved and inside of the meat. This helps to get it seasoned perfectly and concentrate the flavors.
I coated it in the glaze with a lot of generosity. Don’t be stingy with it. It helps to get a nice coat on it.
I ended up serving it on a nice bed of sprouts. I absolutely love how crunchy the sprouts are. They also nicely contrast the savoriness of the lamb.